Monday, April 9, 2012

Get a little closer

Happy Monday everyone. I hope you all had wonderful holiday weekends. My weekend was filled with lots of food and pool time, which I love - and finally emailing and calling some of my close friends that I've been meaning to do for months. Here's my weekend recap in pictures.

2012-04-09 

On Thursday I went to NYC and purchased quite a few cupcakes from Crumbs.
We had Easter brunch, which was delish.
The dogs rolled around in the comforter on our bed.
We went for a walk past the Virginia State Capital.
I spent lots of time in front of the pool. Or staring out my apartment window at the beautiful river.
And then I emailed and Facebook messaged a ton of friends!

One of the most important things I want to accomplish before I turn 30 is to build stronger relationships with my friends. I have friends across the entire country -  in seven different states to be exact - and living so far away from so many of them makes it difficult to be the good friend that I know I can (and should) be. The saying 'out of sight, out of mind' comes to my mind. When you're so busy with life, time gets away from you and all of a sudden a year has gone past without doing so much as emailing some of your best friends. I'm so bad at this. 


So I've decided that I need to start taking a more active role in those long-distance relationships. I call this my Spring Resolutions, since I'm a few months late to the New Years Resolutions party... I'm not a phone person, even with my bestest of friends, so emailing and Facebook appear to be my main points of contact. And I'm OK with that. I took a couple of hours of my day yesterday to email my friends from back home that I miss horribly. Yes, it's been a year since I've talked to them. No, that wasn't intentional. And boy, do I hope that they don't hold that against me because I really do love those girls, no matter how often (or not so often) we talk. 

Do you live across the country from your friends? What are your tips for staying in touch with them? 

Want to see my other 30 before 30 items that I'm slowly checking off? Check them out here


2 comments:

  1. I am with you in spirit on the Crumbs trip! mmm Pam ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Crumbs! My favorite :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...