Monday, July 25, 2011

Starting the week off right

Here's a little sunshiney inspiration for everyone to start their week out right. I may need to buy this print and hang it in my office I love it so much.

Source




































I'm also starting my week of right, in jeans. I woke up awful tired today, so jeans it is.


2011-07-25
Shirt: Anthro - Jeans: Gap - Heels: Santa Monica boutique - Bangles - World Market + F21

2011-07-251


So how was everyone's weekend?  My weekend was uneventful, which I actually kind of liked. Normally I'm the type of person that needs to go, go, go. But our corporate housing is out in the suburbs, and honestly there's not much to do. Now, a normal person would say 'drive downtown then'. Well, I really don't want to drive 20 minutes just to find something to do. Ha. I know, I know. So, our weekend was cooking, reading books, playing a Monopoly video game (which was actually really fun) and pool time.


For cooking, we tried a couple of more receipies that I found on pintrest. The first was sweet potato skewers, which had really great intentions, but kind of fell flat. The only problem I had with how they turned out, was that they were so mushy. I would have much rather had them crispy. Does anyone know how to do that?


Here's the receipie!








































Then, with our sweet potatos, we had this hot ham & cheese roll up. Super simple to make - Pillsbury crossant rolls, swiss cheese & ham and throw the suckers in the over. Done.


Here's the recipe!




2 comments:

  1. great jeans, very classic. the sweet potato skewers look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hint of hippie/boho in your outfit. The food looks delicious! And sometimes, uneventful weekends are the best kind.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...